Welcome and thank you for choosing the City of Thomaston to serve our community.
We are happy to provide all the steps and regulations in obtaining a City of Thomaston alcohol license.
All businesses within the City of Thomaston with the intent to serve, pour, or sell beer / malt beverages, wine and/or distilled spirits are required to obtain a Local and State alcohol license and to adhere to all City of Thomaston regulations set forth in Chapter 6 of the City of Thomaston Code of Ordinances (see link below).
New Application Submittal Process:
O.C.G.A § 3-2-7.1 requires the Department of Revenue to develop and implement a state-wide centralized application process for initial applications and renewals of retail licenses. The centralized licensing process provides a way for retail licensees to simultaneously apply for such licenses and renewals online. The license types included in the centralized licensing process are retail (beer/wine), retail package, consumption on premises (includes distilled spirits), and special events.
What does this mean? Using The City of Thomaston Alcohol Application (below), your local license application will be submitted through the Department of Revenue's centralized alcohol licensing portal.
No worries! We are here to help you through the process.
The City of Thomaston alcohol application, checklist, important information and links can be found here on this page.
Important information about the application process:
- Your annual alcohol license expires December 31st at midnight.
- Begin your renewal process early to avoid disruption of sales and service.
- The Department of Revenue will begin accepting 2023 renewal applications in September 2022.
- Read through the application checklist carefully. Ensure you have completed all the steps and have all the required documentation.
- Ensure the applicants email is accurate and clear on the application.
- Notarize the required pages of the alcohol application.
- If you are in need of a notary, no worries, just call the City of Thomaston. We are happy to help.
- After signing and notarizing your application, scan and save as a pdf. Not sure how? We can help with that, too.
- Review the checklist again to ensure all steps are complete prior to submitting to the Department of Revenue's portal.
- After your application has been reviewed on the portal, the applicant will receive an email with attached invoice for local fees.
- Your State and Local license will be mailed after all fees have been paid.
Where to Apply
Access the Centralized Alcohol Application Portal HERE.
For assistance, you have several options:
Local Contact: Marsha White / Call: (706) 938-3238 / Email: email@example.com
State Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Call: (877)-423-6711 (select option 1, option 3, and option 1) / Visit their website HERE
Access more information on the Department of Revenue's State Alcohol Licensing HERE.
FAQ: View the frequently asked questions from the State HERE.
How To: How to use the Centralized Alcohol Licensing Portal, more detailed instructions HERE.