- Our Mission
The primary mission of the Thomaston Fire Department is to create a safer community through prevention, preparedness, and effective emergency response in the event of the adverse effects of fires, sudden medical emergencies or exposure to dangerous conditions created by either man or nature, within the community.
It is the vision of the Thomaston Fire Department to be recognized by both those we serve and our members as:
• An organization striving to achieve a level of service that is viewed as a benchmark within the Fire Service. • An exceptional department dedicated to the education of the public in order to promote life safety.
• A dynamic organization that adjusts to the changing needs of the community and its members.
• A department that is acknowledged for its pride, integrity, and professionalism in providing services to the community.
The Thomaston Fire Department is committed to upholding the following values in how we run our organization and work with each other:
• Healthy and safe communities and working environments.
• Responsibility and initiative by every individual and by our organization as a whole.
• Outstanding customer service.
• Careful stewardship of financial, physical and natural resources.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Teamwork and the strength of decisions developed through open and collaborative processes.
• A workforce that reflects the diversity of our community.
• Cost-effective innovation and risk-taking (taking a chance, not a hazard) in the pursuit of excellence.
• Each individual’s effort to achieve their highest potential by embracing continuing education and skill development.
• A positive work environment for all employees.
• Respect and tolerance in the workplace and the community.
• Collaborative labor/management relations.
• Development of future leaders and leadership excellence through professional development.
• Performance and task accountability.